Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yetta
    • Dec 2006

New Lady Gaga video of Alejandro

Here's a link to the new Lady Gaga video of Alejandro. It's brilliant, must listen and see. Madonna move over girl you've been replaced. This performance would have been incredible under the dome at The Saint.

You got to bone it like you own it
  • LuvLatins
    Site Administrator
    • Mar 2006

Re: New Lady Gaga video of Alejandro

Scary video if you ask me. Made me think for some reason about the Nazi's the marching and the Uniforms and the mecobe (spelling ?) music.The Leather outfits were kind of like something from the Eagle type bar and I found them to be a bit boring.Her costume looked like something from the borg on star track. So far I think its like a cheap knock off of the Star Trek Borg costume and then the religion part is like Madonna and then she looks like the Annie Lennox. The lyrics were stupid and boring. The pointy tits thing was also from somewhere else just cant remember where I saw that before but I do think that was another rip off from someone else. The fish stocking and the dancers were TOO GAY. It was like Leather Bar queens meet Madonna dressed in Borg Star Trek outfit crossed with Madonna singing "like a virgin". The track itself had a catchy beat but Madonna has nothing to worry about in my opinion this was more like Lady Gaga could not think of anything original so she decided to just steal things from Madonna Star Trek and the Borg. LOL

Comment

• Yetta
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by LuvLatins
      Scary video if you ask me. Made me think for some reason about the Nazi's the marching and the Uniforms and the mecobe (spelling ?) music.The Leather outfits were kind of like something from the Eagle type bar and I found them to be a bit boring.Her costume looked like something from the borg on star track. So far I think its like a cheap knock off of the Star Trek Borg costume and then the religion part is like Madonna and then she looks like the Annie Lennox. The lyrics were stupid and boring. The pointy tits thing was also from somewhere else just cant remember where I saw that before but I do think that was another rip off from someone else. The fish stocking and the dancers were TOO GAY. It was like Leather Bar queens meet Madonna dressed in Borg Star Trek outfit crossed with Madonna singing "like a virgin". The track itself had a catchy beat but Madonna has nothing to worry about in my opinion this was more like Lady Gaga could not think of anything original so she decided to just steal things from Madonna Star Trek and the Borg. LOL
      Wow that's quite a strong reaction. I remember when Madonna came out with "Material Girl" I was incensed that she had the gull to directly rip off for her video "Marylin Monroe's Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend" and I believe that in an interview, she stated she was the re-incarnation of Marylin as part of the hype for the song. At the time I thought how unoriginal she was and had a bit of a hate-on for her which didn't last long. However the heart of the matter is that all "art" (albeit music, literature, drama) builds on what's has preceded it. Taking elements of the past and re-arranging it to make it fresh and new. In my opinion I think Lady Gaga has done just that. Yes she's used elements from Madonna, Star Trek, illusions of Nazi Germany and leather boys in fishnets but I found the gestalt of it made it her own and therefore different and exciting. BTW for what's it's worth in my opinion nothing can be "Too Gay" (lol).

Comment

• LuvLatins
        Site Administrator
        • Mar 2006

Interesting. They do say that, "copying is the sincerest form of flattery" however this bordered on her actually stealing some of these other ideas. Come on she is supposed to be new and fresh and hot, then give us something truly original. This was more like a sting of rip offs (in my opinion). Leather men in fishnets (Come On you cant do better than that) Whats next, lesbians in frilly dresses :)

Oh well, it was not for me. Even the lyrics were tired and just kept repeating the same line over and over and over again. Its always been my complaint that much of the music today lacks feeling, originality or creativity. Not all of it but most of it.

Comment

• Yetta
          • Dec 2006

Well we have two different opinions and the opposite side of the the spectrum here. Is there anyone else who wants to chime in and add something to the discussion?

Comment

• Leo
            Member of The Music Lives On
            • May 2007

Super sexy video, army/military hunks in high heels ohhhhh super hot. Me gaga here...
            Leonardo

Comment

• FanDancer
              Site Administrator
              • Mar 2006

Wow! Where to start on this on...

Well....the video concept is definately not original. As many have already pointed out, much of it has already been done (primarily by Madonna.) That having been said, I cannot say that I was bored watching it. She is quite an entertainer...great voice...loved the song...great tune and very danceable.

If she was really smart, she would subvert the firestorm about the fact that it's not all that original by simply saying:

"Get over it queens.....it's an homage to Madonna, for crying out loud!"

;-)

Ummmm, Leo.....gaga over hunky military guys in high heels? Seriously???
              Interesting from an artistic POV but super hot? Me think not.
              I like my boys to look like boys. Just my opinion, for what its worth....
              Last edited by FanDancer; June 13, 2010, 09:47 AM.
              "To live it again is past all endeavor, except when the tune clutches my heart..."

Comment

• Yetta
                • Dec 2006

The men in the video are hot if you ignore the fishnets. Also loved the nun's outfit with the inverted cross on the crotch. When the guys where holding her up it looked like a big penis coming out of her nether regions.

Comment

• Yetta
                  • Dec 2006

James since you weren't very impressed by Lady Gaga's Alejandro, I thought you might get a kick out of this parody done by a fab drag queen named SherryVine. She does here own singing here's the link. It's called "You're A Homo".

Share your videos with friends, family, and the world

Comment

• LuvLatins
                    Site Administrator
                    • Mar 2006

Now that was funny.

Comment

• Yetta
                      • Dec 2006

Thought you might like it and the production value for an non pro is quite good.

Originally posted by LuvLatins
                      Now that was funny.

Comment

• Leo
                        Member of The Music Lives On
                        • May 2007

Very funny...
                        Leonardo

Comment

Working...