• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FanDancer
    Site Administrator
    • Mar 2006

Off-Track Question...

Just curious...

How many fanatical "Losties" do we have on the site who will be GLUED to their TV sets all weekend?
    I understand the finale will be simulcast on the other side of the Atlantic - supposedly a first in TV history.

I can't wait!

Namaste
    "To live it again is past all endeavor, except when the tune clutches my heart..."
  • Yetta
    • Dec 2006

Re: Off-Track Question...

I'll be glued to my TV but I won't watch the recap show that starts of 7 est.
    You got to bone it like you own it

Comment

• FanDancer
      Site Administrator
      • Mar 2006

Well...here's the $99,000 Question, Yetta...

What did you think?

LOL!
      "To live it again is past all endeavor, except when the tune clutches my heart..."

Comment

• Yetta
        • Dec 2006

If what I gleaned as the whole thing was the dying fantasy of Jack just before he died then my opnion is that I "Lost" six years of my life watching it. Shame on the writers didn't they learn anything from Dallas and the J.R. dream debacle.

Comment

• FanDancer
          Site Administrator
          • Mar 2006

Interesting that there are so many different interpretations of what actually happened on that last episode.

I am of the camp that everything they showed us ON THE ISLAND actually happened to the castaways. They didn't die upon crashing in the first episode. They each died at various times throughout the series - Shannon having been shot by Ana Lucia, Libby shot by Michael, Boone died early on in the series, John Locke at Ben's hands, Jin and Sun in the sub etc....and others (Kate, Sawyer, Claire) on the mainland sometime after the series ended, as well as Hurley and Ben - possibly thousands of years in the future as protectors of the island. Christian Shepherd even said that everyone dies sometime. And he told Jack that some had died before him and others, long after. I think the Sideways world was a place where they all gathered AFTER each of them had died in order to be able to move on into The Source, which as we were told, was the engine of life, death and rebirth at the center of the island.

Anyway....unless there is a sequel, I guess we'll never know for asure...LOL. It was a fun ride, though.
          Last edited by FanDancer; May 28, 2010, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Leo
            Member of The Music Lives On
            • May 2007

Please don't say anything bad, but I have never watched one episode of Lost...
            Leonardo

Comment

• FanDancer
              Site Administrator
              • Mar 2006

Ssssssssss!!!

LOL!

Comment

• Yetta
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by FanDancer
                Interesting that there are so many different interpretations of what actually happened on that last episode.

I am of the camp that everything they showed us ON THE ISLAND actually happened to the castaways. They didn't die upon crashing in the first episode. They each died at various times throughout the series - Shannon having been shot by Ana Lucia, Libby shot by Michael, Boone died early on in the series, John Locke at Ben's hands, Jin and Sun in the sub etc....and others (Kate, Sawyer, Claire) on the mainland sometime after the series ended, as well as Hurley and Ben - possibly thousands of years in the future as protectors of the island. Christian Shepherd even said that everyone dies sometime. And he told Jack that some had died before him and others, long after. I think the Sideways world was a place where they all gathered AFTER each of them had died in order to be able to move on into The Source, which as we were told, was the engine of life, death and rebirth at the center of the island.

Anyway....unless there is a sequel, I guess we'll never know for asure...LOL. It was a fun ride, though.
                That theory makes the finale more palitable. Except for Ben who did not goe into the church to join the others into the source. I must agree though I did enjoy watching the series.

Comment

• FanDancer
                  Site Administrator
                  • Mar 2006

I read an interesting theory regarding Ben. He didn't go into the church because he had issues to resolve before he could move on, due to all of the bad things he had done during his lifetime. The theory went on to say that it might even be possible that Ben could possibly be the next Desmond.....bringing all of the stragglers (Ben's father, Danielle Rousseau, Alex Rousseau, Miles, Daniel Farraday, the Widmores, etc.) into their own "awareness" in the Sideways World, so that they could then move on as well.

I kinda like that theory, as I always thought Ben had the potential to be a good guy, but for some reason he always got influenced by bad people!
                  Last edited by FanDancer; May 28, 2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...