X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conor l
    Member of The Music Lives On
    • Mar 2006

And the band played on

Anybody seen this film? I taped it recently when it was TV and thought it was very good. Interesting yet very touching
  • LuvLatins
    Site Administrator
    • Mar 2006

Yes but there is another one that I have on a tivo device called "The Origin of Aids" I need to get it digitized it is amazing. It claims that the liver tissues used in the chimpanzee to create the Polio vaccine is the real cause of AIDS. It claims the S1 virus (found in chimps mutated into man by man himself) during the creation of the polio vaccine.

Its riveting and makes you really think that it is possible.

Will try to get it digitized so I may upload it.

Comment

• conor l
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Site Administrator
      Yes but there is another one that I have on a tivo device called "The Origin of Aids" I need to get it digitized it is amazing. It claims that the liver tissues used in the chimpanzee to create the Polio vaccine is the real cause of AIDS. It claims the S1 virus (found in chimps mutated into man by man himself) during the creation of the polio vaccine.

Its riveting and makes you really think that it is possible.

Will try to get it digitized so I may upload it.
      There are a few interesting theories out there alright. One Mel Cheren makes in his book, is that it was in tainted blood bought from Africa for use in a Hepatitis vaccine being pushed on the gay community.

Either way I was captivated by this film as I never lived through the outbreak of the AIDS epidemic and find it truly tragic both the losses suffered but also the politics and bullshit and predjudices which surrounded it for years thanks to the ignorance of fools
      Last edited by LuvLatins; July 29, 2006, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• FanDancer
        Site Administrator
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by conor l
        There are a few interesting theories out there alright. One Mel Cheren makes in his book, is that it was in tainted blood bought from Africa for use in a Hepatitis vaccine being pushed on the gay community.

Either way I was captivated by this film as I never lived through the outbreak of the AIDS epidemic and find it truly tragic both the losses suffered but also the politics and bullshit and predjudices which surrounded it for years thanks to the ignorance of fools
        And the biggest fool of all was none other than our own Ronald Reagan...
        "To live it again is past all endeavor, except when the tune clutches my heart..."

Comment

• conor l
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by JimFrick
          And the biggest fool of all was none other than our own Ronald Reagan...
          What was it, 6 years or something before he even said the word AIDS in public? And the he tried to jump on the bandwagon as if he had been fighting all along (Correct me if wrong). What an assholeF:)

Comment

• FanDancer
            Site Administrator
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by conor l
            What was it, 6 years or something before he even said the word AIDS in public? And the he tried to jump on the bandwagon as if he had been fighting all along (Correct me if wrong). What an assholeF:)
            No corrections necessary - you hit the nail squarely on the head, Conor. What an asshole, indeed!!
            "To live it again is past all endeavor, except when the tune clutches my heart..."

Comment

• LuvLatins
              Site Administrator
              • Mar 2006

Yes he has the blood of 40 million people on his hands and that will no doubt be one of his legacies.

Comment

• LuvLatins
                Site Administrator
                • Mar 2006

I am heading for NYC this weekend but I will make an effort to put this movie on line its fascinating. Image the AIDS pandemic caused by the creation of the polio vaccine. Nuts but so interesting.

Comment

Working...