Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yetta
    replied
    Re: Prop 8

I can't believe the "Supreme Court" (oximoron) of California on Prop 8 and I'm a thoroughly appalled. Here in Canada we've had same sex marriage for years now and the sky hasn't fallen. While surfing the net for music for my upcoming boat cruise, I ran across this video by Ray Boltz-Don't Tell Me Who To Love. Ray was a very famous Born Again Christian musician who for 30 some years was in the closet and just came out last year. Here is the link to the video.

A Soulforce marriage equality video featuring couples, families, and images of protest signs around the country in response to Proposition 8. Song by Ray Bo...

Leave a comment:

• glennrivera
    replied
    Re: Prop 8

Thank you, Larry.

I agree - this is not an issue other than human rights. No other way will do.

Thank goodness for our constitution - unlike religion is is written for everybody. Regardless of race, color or sex. Let's put this to work.

Take care.

Glenn George Rivera

Leave a comment:

• Lary Sanders
    started a topic Prop 8

Prop 8

Slavery is founded in the selfishness of man's nature -- opposition to it is in his love of justice. These principles are an eternal antagonism; and when brought into collision so fiercely, as slavery extension brings them, shocks, and throes, and convulsions must ceaselessly follow. Repeal the Missouri Compromise -- repeal all compromises -- repeal the declaration of independence -- repeal all past history, you still can not repeal human nature. It still will be the abundance of man's heart, that slavery extension is wrong; and out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth will continue to speak.
    --October 16, 1854 Speech at Peoria

"We have, as all will agree, a free Government, where every man has a right to be equal with every other man. In this great struggle, this form of Government and every form of human right is endangered if our enemies succeed."
    --August 22, 1864 Speech to the One Hundred Sixty-fourth Ohio Regiment

I leave you, hoping that the lamp of liberty will burn in your bosoms until there shall no longer be a doubt that all men are created free and equal.
    --July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago, Illinois

ABRAHAM LINCOLN
Working...