X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuvLatins
    Site Administrator
    • Mar 2006

Element Guest List

I sent an email to Element this evening to see if they would be kind enough to add a few of us New Yorkers to their guest list for the party tonight. Will let you all know what happens. If I used your name then you should receive an email message soon.

LL:cool:
  • Barry
    • Oct 2006

Re: Element Guest List

James,
    If You Get There Before 11, It Is Free.
    Otherwise It's $10.
    The DJ Is Larry Tee from way back when.However I tend to doubt If he will put your name down.The other DJ Is Manny Lehmann, who used to work at Vinyl Mania;)
    Later
    Barry

Comment

• LuvLatins
      Site Administrator
      • Mar 2006

How is it ? what to go, feel like taking Boris tonight ??

Comment

• Barry
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by LuvLatins
        How is it ? what to go, feel like taking Boris tonight ??
        SO JAMES:
        WHERE DID YOU EVENTUALLY GO SATURDAY NIGHT?
        BARRY

Comment

• LuvLatins
          Site Administrator
          • Mar 2006

So Element did put me and Boris on the Guest list. Very nice of them I might add. I drove into the City which is always a mistake. Barry is correct. Its free before 11 and then $10.00 between 11 and 12 midnight and then $20 after midnight.

Anyway It took me forever to find parking so I did not get there until like 12:05 Shit I was saying to myself but decided to try so I told the man at Element (at the door) to see if I was on the guest list and he looked and said YES. I was so happy. They still charged us $5 dollars a piece for some reason but I was not complaining.

Well the club is beautiful, the dance floor is great the interior design is VERY high end. The private booths in the basement were nice. Nice romantic place actually.

Now granted it was early so the crowd was light. A VERY handsome kind of crowd. Young. Very similar to the old Uncle Charlie's. A "Stand and Model" bunch for sure, so not a friendly atmosphere. The music SUCKED. Some weird spacey tribal crap that I kept waiting for to change but it did not. The bottom end of the sound system was good but the mids and highs were too load. (ringing ears). No non-alcoholic beer which for a snobby kind of place I was surprised about. After an hour Boris looked at me and said, No fun, lets go. So we took a cab to Escuelita

Got out front at about 1:15 am, long line was cold. Stood on the line for a few minutes and looked at the people on line. Very rough looking crowd. lots of African Americans and Women, most look like gangsters. Gave me a real bad vibe. Boris and I said at the same time. "No way" and we took a cab to Splash. I had heard they made it bigger.

Well $20 dollars each "Ouch" we went in at about 1:35 am. WOW SHORTY did a FANTASTIC JOB, fixing the sound system. Fantastic. http://www.systemsbyshorty.com/ The bass was deep and the mids and highs were clear and perfect. Was a bit loud but I loved it. Hot go go boys on the bar, and within minutes guys were dancing in front of us and saying hello etc. Friendly as hell. I decided to leave Boris at the bar (He was drooling over a go go boy) and walk around. Some 20 something cute Latin boy tired to pick me up. Was flattering.

When I got back to check on Boris we was enjoying the view and he said, I was wrong about this place its fun.

So we had a good time, would definitely go back. The music was not classic but was good. Don't know what it was actually but was very dancable. The basement played classics but the handsome men were on the main floor.

Long story short, had a great time. Next, what to check out Cielo and Love. Final verdict on Element (not so good but willing to give it another shot and perhaps it gets better later) We did leave kind of early.

Shorty you did a GREAT job on that sound system man.

LL

Comment

• Barry
            • Oct 2006

Hey James,
            Glad You Guys Had An Eventual Good Time. Oh The Reason Your Names Were On The Guest List At Element Was That I Called The Promo People(Josh Wood), As Well As The DJ Manny, Who Is An Old Friend.
            Splash Seemed To Work Out Best For You.
            Forget About Love, It's Small And You'll Hate It
            Later
            Barry

Comment

• LuvLatins
              Site Administrator
              • Mar 2006

WOOOOOOW

Thanks Barry, I was wonding how we got on the list, since I did not receive any email from them about my request.

Comment

• Barry
                • Oct 2006

I Called The Club At 11 When They Opened And Spoke To Josh And The DJ and made sure your name and Boris' was down on the list.
                Next time you come into the city, let me know, as I can get you into any club.
                Also the one that was on West 33rd would have been your best shot as it is new and hot!!.
                I Agree The DJ You Heard Was Lousy.
                I Got There After One a.m.
                Barry

Comment

Working...