X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LuvLatins
    Site Administrator
    • Mar 2006

First Database Hick up

Wow I got a database error for the first time on our new host server. But they did say they were moving to a new server in the last couple of days.

So far I am so happy on this new host. Seems (so far) very reliable and the old host finally issued me my money back. Cant believe that I needed to move our site to a host based in the Walloon area in Belgium http://b-powers.be/ but hey its a real pleasure now I just hope they can fix the compression issue. Every night our database backs up and creates a file which should be able to be compressed like a zip file but that functionality is not working (not the fault of the host) something to do with the GZip protocol. As a result I needed to turn it off so our database is still backed up but the backups are not compressed. Hopefully it will be fixed soon with a patch.

How do you all find the new hosting service ? Please let me know. I ran some database repair tools and all seems to be working now.

LuvLatins
  • FanDancer
    Site Administrator
    • Mar 2006

Re: First Database Hick up

It's great, but when will they start to forward us here when we type in www.the music lives on.com? Still getting THEIR page with that strange music...have to type in /forums at the end of the URL to get here...
    "To live it again is past all endeavor, except when the tune clutches my heart..."

Comment

• LuvLatins
      Site Administrator
      • Mar 2006

Re: First Database Hick up

Hehehe that is my fault. I kept the www.themusicliveson.com as a place to create a website for the forums but just dont have the time to develop it.

:(

Comment

Working...